When & Why to Visit a Chiropractor After an Auto Injury
Things to Know If You Get Involved in a Car Accident:
- Always call a police office after your car accident so that the police can document your accident particularly saying who was at fault.
- Sometimes police officers are very busy with other responsibilities in your community. You may need to wait a while for an officer to arrive at your accident; or maybe you can get a statement from the other driver saying that they were at fault.
- After your car accident occurs see if you can notice any witnesses to what happened. Ask them if they would attest to what they saw what happened; maybe they would share with you their name, address and phone number. Witnesses can help you and your insurance company to support your case when the other driver was at fault.
- Depending on the extent of your injuries you have different options: 1) If your car has been totaled from a high speed accident and if you have experienced significant trauma you may want to go to a hospital to be examined. At the hospital they may take x-rays, MRI’s, CT scans, ultrasounds depending on your injury. If your injuries are questionable you can go on-line and come across a salt lake city, chiropractor that you feel that you like.
- Dr. Bob Seiler of Holistic Chiropractic & Wellness in Salt Lake City, Utah practices a holistic type of chiropractic where more time is spent with you and you won’t be rushed. At Holistic Chiropractic & Wellness Dr. Bob understands the relationship of your pain, and, or trauma to be related not just to the physical injuries to our body, but what is effecting your body and mind physiologically, chemically or emotionally. There is also how much stress the car accident has caused you. And probably one of the more important things is not to base the degree of your injuries on your level of pain, because some people can have a very high tolerance for pain, and if you were to ask them “Are they are you in pain, they may say, not really, I’ll be ok”; then you really want to be concerned, because there can be a lot more injury then what you may think. And if your injury or injuries aren’t treated soon enough and a long enough period of time, then the injuries that you sustained will remain in your body for as long as your alive, and over time will worsen, particularly if you have a sit-down desk job or do some kind of manual-labored job like a contractor, a cashier, standing on your feet all day, or driving an Uber or Lyftt all day.
- Did you know that here in Utah whether you are at-fault or not at-fault in the car accident you still have about $3,000 worth of chiropractic / medical care that you are entitled to. My recommendation is to use your insurance benefits to take care of your body and mind, because if the injury or trauma remains in your body it will only worsen over time. It’s always a good to go see a chiropractor especially one who works holistically. Dr. Bob Seiler of Holistic Chiropractic & Wellness in Salt Lake City, Utah, is probably one of the best and most experienced
- Here are some questions to ask yourself. Each chiropractor has their own chiropractic philosophy which means that each chiropractor will spend different amounts of time with you and each chiropractor will perform different chiropractic-related therapies and use different kinds of chiropractic adjusting. Every chiropractor is different; it’s a matter of finding the one that you would like to work with and one that you take a part in their chiropractic philosophy in healing.
- Why do I think that receiving holistic chiropractic is one of the best things that you can do for your body and mind? – because life is very stressful physically, emotionally, chemically and if you continue to do what you need to do in life, every day, every month, every year, your body and mind need support. If you keep on driving yourself “hard” in working and maintain your daily responsibilities, and you do nothing to replenish your body, your body and mind are heading for a “crash”, and the crash may be sudden or it may be over time. It’s all up to you to what you can do to take care of your body and mind, or do nothing and wait for the “crash, or ER visit, or hospitalization or needing some regular medical care, medications or surgery. If you’d like to avoid the above health options receive regular chiropractic care. You will have a healthier, less painful, less ill-ed and diseased life; you’ll live longer and have less medical problems; that’s been my personal experience because I was fortunate to go to chiropractic college for four years, and while I was in chiropractic college I was able to receive chiropractic care every day and since being a chiropractic student I was able to get adjusted 4-5 times a day by my fellow chiropractic classmates, because in order to learn how to do chiropractic adjustments we as chiropractic students had to practice and the only way of practicing was with each other, and all those chiropractic adjustments and chiropractic care has given me much health, less pain and a better life as I get into my upper sixties, and I look forward in going along time.