What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- You will be greeted and welcomed by Dr. Bob 🙂
- You will receive some new patient forms to complete, which usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
- If you are trying to use insurance please bring your most current insurance card or the insurance card of the insured, a method of paying for your co-pay or co-insurance & see if there is any “deductible” that still needs to be met. Checks, cash, HSA, debit cards & Venmo are accepted.
- Dr. Bob will then perform a new patient, holistic in-take & consultation and physical examination. Anything discussed in your session is confidential.
- A new patient holistic chiropractic treatment usually lasts about 60 minutes and depends upon what is “holistically” needed to support you.
- There are different types of chiropractic adjustments. Dr. Bob , chiropractic physician, Doctor of Chiropractic, DC, uses a neuro-mechanical instrument which is more gentle than an Activator, which allows Dr. Bob to adjust all the vertebrae in your spine & to lessen the muscle tightness in your back & neck. There are also a manual chiropractic adjustment which elicits an audible release of pressure, which stimulates and calms your sympathetic and para-sympathetic nervous system. Depending on your condition Dr. Bob will choose what he thinks is the better type of chiropractic adjustment for you. If you’re uncomfortable with a manual “popping chiropractic adjustment” Dr. Bob will not do that kind of adjustment.
- Feedback & recommendations for future chiropractic care will be given: usually 4-6 holistic chiropractic sessions are recommended to see how your body responds to our holistic chiropractic care. Dr. Bob will determine the best methods and equipment used for your treatment. If any imaging is needed like x-rays, MRI’s, CT Scans, ultrasound it can be referred out to a near-by imaging clinic.
- Parking is available about twenty-five feet from our reception area. You do not need to park on the adjacent street. If you have recent blood tests, lab work, x-rays, MRI’s (those within 9 months) you can also bring that information to your new patient appointment.
If You are Dealing with Some Form of Anxiety, Trauma, Stress, Injury?
“Psycho-therapeutic interventions” have been so valuable in helping people over centuries work through life issues of Pain, Anxiety, Trauma, Stress, Injury, Abuse. “Talking-therapies” as provided by psychiatrists, psychologists, LCSW’s, CMHC’s, APRN’s, MFCC’s will continue to help people, but in today’s healthcare environment as discussed by Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D., in his book titled, The Body Keeps the Score, Brain, Mind, And Body In The Healing of Trauma, healthcare professionals and sciences are realizing that the affects of Anxiety, Trauma, Stress, Injury, Abuse reside and are stored in your body and mind, and by re-connecting with those experiences & memories through your senses, gentle, holistic, “hands-on-therapies” can provide comfort and healing.