Dr. Bob Seiler is a Salt Lake City, Utah holistic chiropractor. A holistic healer by definition strives to create harmony within the body – examining the physical, chemical and emotional components of health and well-being. Not many salt lake city chiropractors practice this way.
Chiropractors focus on providing non-invasive, drug-free and natural treatments that help treat musculo-skeletal body disorders. Combining spinal adjustments, other treatments may include exercise, diet, nutrition and healthy lifestyle changes. Chiropractic physicians believe that all body functions are triggered by the brain, travel down the spinal cord and then disperse to the body’s cells and organs.
Combining education, diagnostic skills, advanced knowledge, laboratory results and expert judgment, chiropractors strive to evaluate the patient’s overall neurological health. Chiropractors as primary healthcare physicians also work with other healthcare professionals to help diagnose and treat patients.
Typically, holistic chiropractors complete a new patient physical examination with x-rays and sometimes order MRI’s and CT Scans to more thoroughly check the nervous and musculoskeletal systems. Additionally, chiropractors must complete an advanced college degree, state and nationwide examinations and be licensed to practice in each state.
What are the benefits of holistic chiropractic services?
- Patients become more aware that their bodies as well as their minds and emotions, bodies work and effect each other.
- If the body is not functioning properly, other systems of the body suffer. Many physical conditions are related to different types of emotional stress.
- Instead of short-term results, as often associated with pain medications, patients report that many chiropractic treatments have long-term health outcomes.
- Doctors of Chiropractic medicine are licensed as primary care physicians and specialize in not only treating spinal health, but also other body illnesses and conditions.
- Many patients can feel relief in the following joints when undergoing holistic chiropractor treatments: hands, feet, shoulders, knees and back.
- Additionally, holistic chiropractic treatments can also treat and alleviate the systems involved in autoimmune disorders, chronic fatigue, migraines, menstrual pain, pre-menstrual syndrome, colds, thyroid disorders, digestion disorders and allergies.
- Helping balance the nervous system can allow the body to heal a number of disorders and illnesses.
- Some people feel a difference when changing their diets or adding nutritional supplements.
- Too many think that taking multiple vitamins is sufficient for good health.
- Soft tissue balancing can help nerve pain, including tendons, fascia, muscles and ligaments.
- Many soft tissue disorders can be alleviated with holistic treatment, including Plantar Fasicitis, Epicondylitis, shoulder pain, neck pain, lower back pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and scar tissue.
- A holistic chiropractor in Salt Lake City can specialize in helping patients learn breathing techniques, yoga and meditation, which further enhances the body-mind connection.