Using Your Auto Insurance
Our office, Holistic Chiropractic & Wellness accepts most auto insurances. If you are involved in a motor car collision / crash do the following as soon as you can:
1. Call “YOUR” auto insurance carrier, not the auto insurance of the driver who was at fault, or depending on the situation call the auto insurance company of the”driver of the car that you were in when the accident occurred”. You have $3,000 worth of medical insurance coverage through that insurance. The state of Utah has “no-fault” auto insurance which means that you and the passengers in your vehicle are medically covered no matter whose “at-fault” for the car accident. Your insurance adjuster will ask you when, where and how the accident took place. You would tell your insurance company about your symptoms, like headaches, neck and back pain, radiating pain traveling down your arms into your hands, or leg pain traveling down your legs into your feet. You can also be experiencing difficulty in sleeping, feeling more irritable and afraid to drive your car. You may have bruising on your chest from seat-belts, abrasions on your arms from deploying air-bags. You may also have bruises on your knees, ankles, feet when your body could have been thrusted into the interior compartments of your car.
2. Ask your insurance adjuster to give you a “claim number”. Ask for your adjuster’s name, best phone number and extension. Also ask where medical bills claims should be sent to their address, fax and email address.
3. Your auto insurance company will be sending you PIP applications papers within a few days. When you receive fill them out completely and immediately mail back to your auto insurance company. You can also bring them to your first or second chiropractic appointment and our offcie can help you complete them.
4. Once you have a claim number and the above information you may Dr. Bob and schedule your new patient appointment – his number is 801-230-0166.
5. Dealing with the stresses and frustrations from insurance adjusters can be a harrowing experience. Dr. Bob with his 20 years experience, and expertise from Dr. Arthur Croft’s Advanced Certification Whiplash Acceleration / Deceleration seminars over the past three years can help guide you through the insurance-hassling- storm. Dr. Bob can also refer you to a reliable attorney if your case has need for legal assistance. A reliable attorney along with a experienced chiropractor can help you deal with pestering insurance companies.
*** Please Read: No matter who caused the crash you are allowed a minimum $3,000 worth of chiropractic care. If the other driver thinks that he / she was not the cause of the crash that’s what that person will tell his / her insurance company. The truth is the auto insurance business is a very profitable business and they get very nasty to protect their profits. If the driver of the other vehicle feels that you may have caused the crash you can expect phone calls from the other driver’s insurance company pretending to be concerned about your well-being. They’re going to increase stress in any way they can by their pestering phone calls. Our office can help you navigate this process.
6. Also please don’t base the degree of your injury on the amount of pain that you have, because oftentimes whether you’re the driver or passenger things happen so quickly in a car crash and your adrenaline levels get so high that you may not feel the full impact of your crash until after one-two-three weeks later. You may have a significant decrease in range of motion and not feel too much pain. Some people have tremendous amounts of pain tolerance and due to the adrenaline rush after an auto crash report having no pain. There are injuries even at a 5 mph crash.
Most importantly seek chiropractic care as soon as you can even on the same day of the crash or the following day, if you are physically able to do so. Taking muscle relaxers, pain medications, tylenol or ibuprofen only mask your pain; they don’t heal the structural damage, that of the tendons, ligaments and bone structures of your body. And to please understand that if you get in a number of small car accidents in your life, these “small” crashes are cumulative, which means “large” physical problems later. Get help as soon as you can. You can call Dr. Bob at 801-230-0166 to schedule your new patient appointment.
* Again the number is 801.230.0166 !